The ROC is a 100% volunteer organization. We rely on the goodwill and participation of folks like YOU to make this possible. When you help the ROC and your local teams and schools, the results are win-win for everybody involved. Please also check out the FAQ section for answers to specific questions.
- As a PARENT by starting or mentoring a FIRST team or working with your school district to deploy PLTW you get the benefit of helping improve the STEM opportunities for your children.
- As a COMPANY by donating funds, resources or skills to a FIRST team, or supporting PLTW in your local schools you help your community and get lots of good PR at the same time. It’s also a means for your employees to get personally involved in this worthwhile (and FUN) activity, making use of their skills and energy.
- As an EDUCATOR coaching a FIRST team or teaching a PLTW course can be your ticket to greatly expanding the learning opportunities for your students, and a way to build new skills for yourself as well.
- As a GOVERNMENT LEADER participation can enrich your interaction with the community, and help you discover new ways to serve and connect with your constituents.
- As a COLLEGE STUDENT when you mentor a local team you make a real difference for those you help. It’s also a great way to network and build relationships that can last a lifetime. Did we mention it’s also a fun and exciting way to put your education to use!
- As an INTERESTED COMMUNITY MEMBER getting involved in a local team really helps your community, is a great way to make friends and lets you do something that will challenge your gray matter.