The EbD Program is a K-12 model used by schools developing themes in the STEM and IT Clusters that are seeking to increase all students' achievement in technology, science, mathematics, and English through authentic learning.
EBD is organized around seven principles that identify major content organizers for the program. In order of importance, the seven principles of EBD are:
- Engineering through design improves life.
- Technology has and continues to affect everyday life.
- Technology drives invention and innovation and is a thinking and doing process.
- Technologies are combined to make technological systems.
- Technology creates issues that change the way people live and interact.
- Technology impacts society and must be assessed to determine if it is good or bad.
- Technology is the basis for improving on the past and creating the future.